The UK has always had a special relationship with gambling, and this is largely helped by the laws. Those residing in the country can readily access land-based casinos, bookmakers, and more online. The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) is the most notorious gambling licensor in the industry, and they allow homegrown businesses and foreign services to be made available to the public. Because of this, choice and opportunity are found in great abundance, but where do you even begin?
What Makes a Casino Great?
Those that are familiar with the industry of online gambling will know that there are about 10 new casinos added to the ever-growing list each month. The industry is a thriving monster and will continue to be this way for a long time. With available access to literally hundreds of UK casinos online how can you tell which are the best ones to join, or are they all equally great?
If you are a first-time player, entering the world of online gambling is daunting. Take note that there are risks, and these are very real. Casinos can now offer tools to help players set limits on their accounts, so they can play and gamble responsibly. Look after yourself first and worry about the qualities of the casino after.
What to Look for Inside UK Online Casinos
What are the qualities to look for in a casino that features in the UK market?
- Licence: A casino must obviously be licenced so that it is operating legally. The UK Gambling Commission is one of several governing bodies in the industry, but these are other common licences that protect you: Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Betting and Gambling Commission, and Curacao eGaming.
- Security: There is only one system to trust, and this is the Secure Socket Layer technology that is also used by all online banking services. What this tech does is produce an encryption firewall over all data, that is of military-grade standard.
- Banking: With new UK laws, credit cards cannot be used to finance any gambling online. Debit cards are still allowed via Via and MasterCard. Alternative options are also restricted, PayPal can appear with some online casinos, as well as Apple Pay, Paysafecard, and e-wallet services like Neteller and Skrill.
- Software: Gaming software is hugely important because it plays a significant role in how you experience the casino overall. Gaming variety is not defined by the number of games held by a site, but by the number of software providers that have teamed then the casinos to supply their games. The more providers, the great the range of programming there is, and this then expands the potential and opportunity that games can carry.
- Games: Players are all different. There are those that just want access to slots, while some prefer to play a mix of live dealer tables of blackjack and have a flutter on some horse racing. It’s great to have as wide a selection as possible, so take the time to tour around a website first because not all online casinos offer you the same kinds of games.
- Promotions: Bonuses for some players are very important, but because they are always subject to change, don’t be using bonuses to be critical of a site. The qualities of them should not be based on how many you get or how big the offers are, but by the quality of their terms and conditions (T&Cs). Reading can be a bore, but they will tell you the costs, policies, eligible games, and when they expire.
The Benefits for UK Players
Players in the UK have an endless pool of casinos to pick from. Because of how the laws on gambling work in the country, the scope is far greater. Because of the market, it’s not just casinos that are a highlight, it’s also sports betting.
Sports betting in the UK is more popular than casino games, which is why many of the casinos on the market also provide a joint sportsbook service. The newer casinos in the UK recognise this gaming appeal which is why sports features heavily.
The prime benefit is the attention to detail when it comes to legislation and security. The UKGC is the one licence every operator would like because of the prestige of passing, but it’s a pain to get because of how strict their process is.
Newest UK Mobile Casinos
So, which are the newest UK casinos online that you can join?
Britain Play: Start your membership with the newest casino by claiming a welcome bonus that can lead to 500 free spins on the game Starburst. Britain Play hosts over 1000 casino games with the likes of NetEnt, Microgaming, and Pragmatic Play helping to power the site’s gaming.
Entertainment here is also found in the form of live dealer tables and live bingo rooms. Britain Play is licenced by the UKGC and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and accepts banking via Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and Paysafecard only.
This is a joint casino and sportsbook service that is mega by name and mega by nature. Access the world’s sporting calendar with incredible access to live in-play betting options. You’ve over 1000 games that include live dealer tables by the likes of Evolution Gaming.
All new members to this site can claim a new player’s welcome bonus of up to £50 with their first deposit. Banking options include Trustly, PayPal, MuchBetter, Skrill, as well as Visa, and MasterCard. Mr.Mega is licenced by the UKGC and is independently verified by iTech Labs.
Betiton: Live sports and over 2000 casino games and slots. Betiton is licenced service that is backed by the UKGC and the Malta Gaming Authority. Awarded Rising Star Operator of the Year in 2021, this platform come backed with the software power of Microgaming, Play’n Go, NetEnt, and Blueprint Gaming to name a few. Banking support is provided by Visa, MasterCard, Trustly, PayPal, Skrill, and MuchBetter. New members of this Betiton UK Casino can claim a sports betting welcome offer that gives users a £10 free bet.
UK Regulations for Mobile Casinos
Laws and regulations always become updated, and this is always in the interest of the players. Most recently the way that players could bank with casinos changed and no longer could operators take credit card payments. Between 2019 and now, here are some other updates that have affected the services of UK casinos online:
- Players must complete a KYC (Know Your Customer) verification process before games can be played and wins withdrawn.
- Improved provision of terms and conditions where bonuses are offered.
- Greater rules on casino bonuses allow for money to be withdrawn without having hidden costs added.
One of the great benefits that UK players have is that choice is in abundance. There are many casinos and sportsbooks online that provide licenced services that can see you win real money in return. Take the time to decide where you play, weigh up the pros and cons, and see if you can match their banking and if they host your preferred games.
Note that gambling does come with risks and winning is no guarantee. If you wish, you can join any UK casino, and self-imposed restrictions on your account will help you manage your finances and control the time spent playing on their gaming services.
Leave a Reply