Strip Poker, as the name suggests, is a type of Poker game where, the players remove piece of clothing when they loose. The game is entertained by many for the fun and newness it brings as compared to traditional games.
Strip Poker is similar to Regular Poker game. The only difference being that the later involves chips for betting whereas the former involves clothes for betting.
· Objective of Strip Poker – Wind hands to avoid stripping down
· Number of Players – 2-7 Players
· Number of Cards – 52-cards deck
· Rank of Cards – A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
· Type of Game – Strip game
· Audience – Adult
Before you Begin
As you might have understood by now, Strip Poker is a game of adults and to be precise, open minded adults. Before you begin with the game, to avoid any awkwardness, it is better that you take the consent of each and every member before playing the game.
If someone does not feel comfortable playing the game, you should understand their boundaries and respect them too. The next important step before you begin is to lay down some clear and lucid rules to which all the playing members will agree.
One more thing you must consider before beginning is that every player should start with nearly the same amount of clothing. If some might have a huge number of accessories of layered clothing, then this should be redistributed to avoid unfair advantage in the game.
To play the game, you will need a deck of cards and a few poker chips. The most fun part of the game are the rules that you have laid down.
How to Play?
Assuming that you have followed the set up, you can now begin playing strip poker using the below guide –
1. Shuffle & Deal – Shuffle the cards and wash them, that is spread the cards faced down and mix them.
2. Deal the flop – To deal the flop, you will have to now burn the card by placing it on the discarded pile. Now deal 3 cards faced up at the center of. These are communal cards which everyone can use.
3. Allow a Change – Once you have dealt the flop, players can now choose if they want to exchange one of both of the down faced cards. This is a blind swap. No player can look at the new cards before changing them and once you have placed the card in the discarded pile, you cannot take it back.
4. Run the Board – Burn another card and deal 1 more card faced up. Do so until the 5th and last community card. Players can exchange these with their own cards and make best 5 card poker hand. You get to choose when to expose your cards.
5. Show Down – As the name suggests, this is the climax of the game. Here is when we get to know who wins and who loses. Player with the worst hands loses a chip and has to remove an item of clothing.
The game continues until one player runs out of lives i.e., their clothing.
There can be numerous ways to tweak the game a little. One of the variations used most commonly are to redistribute the accessories to even the playing field. This happens especially when some players have more accessories on them than others.
Another variation involves, where winners get to choose whom to strip. Such a game brings into light the hidden crushes and fantasies. You can also bring about any other type of variation according to your circle.
Are the rules of Strip Poker the same as regular poker?
Yes. The only difference between the two is that of betting with clothes instead on chips in Strip Poker.
Can I play Strip Poker by myself?
Not really. Strip Poker can be played with at least one other player than yourself. It is a fun game when played with multiple people.
What do I need to play Strip Poker?
A group of open minded people who agree on playing the game, chips, cards, and drinks if you wish to make it fun!
Can two people play Strip Poker?
Yes, they definitely can. It would be fun and even more heated when played with a partner.
If you find Strip Poker an amusing and interesting game and want to play strip poker, here are the basic strip poker rules and how to play strip poker guide along with strip poker variation.