Learning the snakes and ladders rules is a must before you start playing the games. Over the years, the games have become quite popular, and the blessing while the snakes represent evil. So, have a look at this article.
- The Objective of snakes and ladders: the goal of the main game is to reach the final square from the starting point on the board before someone else is completing it.
- Players: 2 to 6 players are involved in the same. There is no limit to the maximum number. Usually, 4 to 6 players play with the snakes and ladders games.
- Materials: snakes and ladder game board with 6 game pieces of the tokens, one by each player in case of the six players.
- Game type: strategy board game with the involvement of race or die
- Audience: teenagers
Highlight On The Snakes And Ladder Games
In the United States, it is also referred to as chutes and ladders, while in some parts of India, it is referred to as snakes and arrows. The origination of the game was in the 13th century and was previously referred to as mokshpat. Following the snakes and ladders rules is a must to get the results.
The game finds huge popularity in Asian countries, especially in Pakistan, China, India, and others. It is the ancient Indian dice board game, but the game of a snake and ladder find playing between two or more players and is played with the help of the board that has 100 squares numbered between 1 and 100.
The gameplay always begins on the square number one right at the bottom left-hand corner of the board, and it finishes on the 100 that you will be finding at the top left-hand corner.
Highlight On The Variations Across The Globe
The popularity of the snakes and ladders game is remarkable, and so it has got worldwide recognition in the form of the classic strategy board game. It has from the modification from the original version with the variations across the world. Some of the major variations are as follows
- Superhero squad
- Chutes and ladders
- Magnetic snakes and ladders set
- Jumbo mat snakes and ladders
- 3d snakes ‘n’ ladders
- Classic chutes and ladders
- Snakes and ladders, vintage edition
- Folding wooden snakes and ladders, to name a few.
Besides that, it’s worth noting that the game of the snakes and ladders will always require you to have considered certain equipment for being able to play with it. It includes the snakes and ladders board, and the board is provided with the 8 x 8, 10 x 10, and 12 x 12 grades. There will be just involvement of one die. The distinctive playing style also makes it quite popular. You can also consider making the snakes and ladders board right on the ground instead of just playing using the paper board.
The ancient Indian dice board game involved two or more players playing with the numbering between 1 and 100. While playing with it, you will just require the square snakes and ladders on it. However, for playing the game, you will be requiring having certain equipment. They are as follow:
- The snakes and ladders board that has a number 1 to 100 where there are some snakes as well as some ladders
- A die and
- Some playing pieces. The playing pieces are dependent on the number of players involved in the game.
Before starting with a game, you will have to consider rolling the die once, and the player who will be hitting the highest number will be the one who can play the game with the first turn.
The Method You Will Have To Follow While Playing The Games
Right after the decision about who will play the game first, the players will start moving the game pieces. They do so by following the numbers on the board according to the numbers of the die in every turn. That said, they start from the number 1 and keep on following the other numbers on the board.
Right after crossing the first score in the next one, they’ll start with a left to right following numbers. The players then start moving their pieces according to the die numbers so that in case there is a six on the die, then the player is on the number 3 before the die roll. Then the player will go ahead with placing the token based on the number 9. For better understanding, you can refer to https://youtu.be/a-kTZF2EEKc.
Rules Of The Games Of The Snakes And Ladders
- Whenever the player piece is hitting the board’s base, that piece will be moving to the top of the ladder. If the piece touches the top of the ladder, then nothing will happen because the piece isn’t going to move down to the bottom of the ladder.
- The first player who will be reaching 100 wins the game. After that, the players are always required to keep on rolling the exact number to reach 100. But remember that there is no more, no less to that.
- According to the snake and the ladder rules, if your piece is 97, you will need to roll exactly 3 for winning the game. If your roll is a number more than 3, then your piece will still stay in the same position until it is your next turn.
- You can get yet another variation in which your piece will bounce back from 100 if you are rolling too high.
- Snakes and ladders rules suggest that whenever the piece comes on the number lying on the top of the snake that is the snake’s face, then the piece will be landing below to the bottom of the snake because it turns out to be the unlucky move.
- If the piece falls on the leader base, it will be immediately climbing to the top of the latter. This is what is referred to as a lucky move.
- Whenever the player is landing on the bottom of the snake or the top of the ladder, the player will remain in the same spot and will not be affected.
- The pieces of the different players are responsible for overlapping each other without knocking out.
The player who manages to be the first person to roll the top of the final square on the board is the one that wins.