Solitaire is a card game played by 1 player with 52 deck of playing cards. The Player has to arrange the shuffled deck of cards into 4 stacks in an ascending order from Ace to King. You can either play this game on a table or floor or using miniature playing cards. You can also play solitaire online or solitaire on Computer.
The game is fun even though it might seem very easy at first. The best part about the game is that even kids above age of 8 can play it. The game definitely helps boost your thinking power. Go on ahead to read more about how to play solitaire and all that you need to know about the game.
· Objective of Solitaire – The objective is to move all cards from the tableau and from the stockpile into four build piles.
· Number of Players – 1 player
· Number of Cards – 52 card deck
· Rank of Cards – K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A
· Type of Game – Solitaire (Patience) games
· Audience – 8+
1. The Tableau – 7 piles that make up the main table.
2. The Foundations – 4 Piles on which a whole suit or sequence has to be built up. Generally, the bases or bottom cards in many solitaire games are aces. Heart, Diamonds Clubs and Spades are foundation piles.
3. The Stock/ Hand Pile – The cards remaining after building the tableau are called Stock.
4. The Talon/ Waste Pile – A pile of 3 cards from the Stock. In a talon, only the top card is faced up.
How to deal?
To start with, first flip the first card atop the stock pile such that it faces up on the table. Now deal other 6 cards, faced down, in the line of the first card that was flipped. You have thus created a 7 column tableau needed for the game.
Now deal one card faced up on the rest of the columns such that the first column comprises of 1 card faced up and the last column comprises of 6 cards faced down and only 1 card faced up.
How to Play?
As said before, the game is all about arranging the playing cards into 4 columns in an ascending order from Ace to King. You will have to first start with face up cards and arrange them following the sequence.
Once you move these face up cards, the ones after them will be shown. Which means that once you rearrange a face up card, you will automatically unlock a face down card.
If you get a King, place it in the empty space, if any. The King will come at the top place. If there is a space created, it can only be filled with the King. You can move cards from the tableau to the build pile when there is no other card on top of them.
You can draw card from stock pile only when you run out of moves in your columns. In case you select 3 cards at one time, you will have to use the card drawn on the top and then go down.
Keep on transferring and arranging the cards in the tableau until you form 4 different columns with the required arrangement of King (in the top) to Ace (in the bottom).
What is the strategy for solitaire?
1. Draw a card from the deck.
2. Play Aces and twos right away.
3. Do not leave an empty space if you don’t have a King to put there.
4. Move cards from the column that has most hidden cards.
How do you play solitaire on computer?
1. Go to Start on your PC.
2. Then go to Games and double click on Solitaire.
3. Drag the hidden cards and arrange the, in descending order.
4. If you wish to deal a new game, simply click on Game> New Game or you can also press F2.
5. To close the game, click on Close button.
How do I Install Solitaire on Windows 10?
1. In the Windows 10 Search box, enter Store.
2. Open Microsoft Store app.
3. Click on the Search icon at the top right corner of the window and search for Solitaire
4. From the results that show up, install Solitaire.