Eleven card game or Elevens which is also known as Number Eleven and Block Eleven, is a fun card game that can be played by all age groups and even by a single player. It is a single player card game, which uses 52 standard cards, the objective is to eliminate the pairs of cards that add up to 11.
So what are you still waiting for? If you want to know more about the elevens, how to play eleven card game, here is a detailed guide on the same.
- Aim of Eleven Card game – To use all of the cards in the deck to create pairs that add up to 11 in total.
- Total No. of Players – 1 or More than one
- Number of Cards – A standard 52 deck of playing cards.
- Rank of Cards – Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, All royals are removed together as a trio to create their “pair”.
- Game type – Puzzle
- Game Audience – Solo players, family, friends
How to Deal Elevens?
- Shuffle the cards and deal 3 rows of 3 cards to every player. Thus, each player should get 9 cards faced up.
- The rest of the cards for the deck.
- The spaces that remain empty after 9-card formation can be filled with cards from the deck in the free space. But if you run out of cards from the deck, then don’t fill the empty spaces.
How to Play?
- First of all, from your 9 card formation, see if there are cards that add up to 11. In case you get such cards, match this pair and remove them from the 9 card layout.
- The gaps that are now left after removing such cards that add up to 11, are to be filled with cards from the deck.
- No player is allowed to look at the card they are picking up from the deck. These cards are to remain hidden until you put them in your 9 card formation.
- You can play with only the cards in 9 cards-formation. You cannot add cards on the top of each other.
- To get the ranking of the cards, the face value is considered for number cards. Which means, a 5 of spades will be equal to 5 points.
- Aces equal to 1 and King, Queen, Jack are equal to eleven only if they are removed together. You cannot remove only one or two of them if the third isn’t available. All 3 go together.
How to Win Eleven Card Game?
To win eleven card game, you have to remove all cards from play, also the ones from the deck. When you match all the cards in the deck, you win the round.
Although this is a solo player game, it can be moved to multiplayer by creating a scoring method where each player keeps their matched pairs and makes each set worth 1 point.
And the player having highest number of points, wins elevens game.
The chances of winning the elevns game among similar games like Tens is slightly more. Jan Wolter discovered that 10.74 percent of games might be won after running a solver on the first million Politaire seeds. However, no cards could be removed in 8.25 percent of games, and only one group of cards could be removed in another 12.19 percent. Only 13.83 cards could be deleted on average.
Similar to almost every game, Elevens too comes with a few variations. Some of which commonly played are –
- Tens – In this game, you can remove cards from the play that add up to 10.
- Suit Elevens – In this variation of elevens, players have to match only those pair of cards that are from the same suit.
- Fourteen Out – As the name itself suggests, here you match pairs of cards that add up to 14.
I hope the above guide on Elevens card game was informative and you could understand the game well & have fun playing it.
In case you have any doubts or questions related to the game, feel free to ask us in the comment section below, we will get back to you as soon as possible.